Wednesday 6 October 2010

heading South

Saturday 25th September 2010: Annecy FR. 
It wasn’t raining when I woke up, but the weather here is still not good. Clouds are still all around and I just don’t know when they are going to leave -probably never at this rate.

I walk into town because I have another Monkey-Mail letter for my nephew. I stop along the way and buy some bread and ask for directions to the post office, from a man who looks like he is late for work. He smiles as he tells me, although I know I have stopped his journey and try and remember everything he has told me. I find the place and there is a queue, same as all post offices I have been to on this trip.

As I walk back to the Snail I contemplate leaving this place and the house that I have found. I try not to think about it, but late at night, I imagine myself with a set of keys and opening the door. All colours fade from greys to warmth as I pass through the rooms. At least I have the owners address. Who knows?

We leave this place and I see the benches where I have done most of my writing. They have been a good companion to me over this past week. I look at my journal and wonder what is going to happen in the rest of the story. I don’t even know.


 It takes a long time to drive to Montpellier, and the night is getting dark, but I hope that there will be sun tomorrow, for the clouds are draining me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment