Wednesday 6 October 2010

And then the rain came...

Friday 17th September 2010 St Hilaire FR. 
Its raining! I just don’t believe it, and to top it off I have my cold now. I decide to stay in bed for the whole of today so that I can enjoy the rest of the weekend. The Pilot has two friends joining him today, so he will have something to do.

I stay in bed and ‘sweat it out’ with ‘Vicks’ rubbed on my chest. It seems to be doing the job, and so does the cherry liquor tea that I keep drinking. At about 7pm I think I have had enough and hope that being in bed all day has done me good. I get up and wrap up warm. I have my thick skiing trousers and my Wellingtons now and I hope this will keep the cold out.
As the Pilot’s friends are here, we decide to have a BBQ under the awning. It works a treat, and I’m supposed to be in charge of it, although I hear some familiar language in the distance and I leave to explore. I am well received in a group of about 20 Spaniards and it warms my heart to be able to speak a language I know and understand. There is warm liquor going around called ‘Pacharan’, and I get offered it and it is gladly received. I wonder whether this will be enough to kick my cold out of my body.

 Suddenly I am standing side by side to the Pilot and wondering how he found me here. Not altogether impossible because of the Spanish talking, but still, I was quite a while away. I go back to the BBQ and find the Snail filled with more of the Pilot’s friends. We enjoy the BBQ and I go back to bed hoping my cold has gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment