Friday 20 August 2010

Nap Time Day

Wedsneday 18th August: Today I am feeling the effects of the red wine and the blowing of bubbles. I seem to have this strange condition where the morning after the night before, I wake up fine, and then gradually throughout the day I get worse. It's like a ‘backwards-hangover’ syndrome.

Today has been mainly consisted of taking small naps here and there. I think I am a cat. I find somewhere comfortable, and I’m sleeping. The rain has continued today and we moved from the campsite after doing some washing and drying for €5. I know we have our own portable one at the moment, but there’s something wrong with it that we can’t figure out. Anyway, bed sheets and most of our clothes are now clean and dry. It's a shame that our washing machine found out and ‘peed’ on my handbag in protest! Passports, cards, money, etc all wet with washing machine water from the pipe that is supposed to be upright at all times. Tsk!

Back at the bar with WIFI access, I decided to try another drink. Orangina used to be a favourite of mine. It always reminds me of my uncle. He used to drink it when I was little and I always love the shape of the bottle. I don't know what this variety is called, as the letters on the bottle are all in Slovenian, but the taste was just yummy.

I also managed to post a blog finally! I’m writing them in The Snail and then posting them when I get a chance. I suppose that’s one of the things that I have found hard. Not being able to write directly on the blog. This way it seems a little less personal and not so direct, but I do what I can with the things that I have. It's a good experience for me!

In the early evening, Pizza was ordered and then we drove to a secret river for the night. The Pilot decided to make a campfire, which after many valiant attempts; we resigned ourselves that after a few days of perpetual rain, the wood was just too wet! The firelighters produced a lovely flame though.

It was hard to look out over by the water. There was a spooky mist that seemed to cover everywhere. We imagined a small boat being sailed across past us without a captain or crew. It was spooky enough to send us to bed. Bedtime seems to come so soon after a day packed with events. No two days are ever the same, regardless of the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment