Tuesday 31 August 2010

The end of the Slovenian Chapter

Friday 27th August 2010: I wake in the early hours to a cough that is drier than the desert. I can’t seem to shift it and after drinking some water to quiet it down, I end up falling asleep cuddling the bottle like a teddy comforting me.

Its cloudy today and the grey clouds hug the mountains around me. I want to go down to the river, and wonder if the builders have done anything else. I wonder whether this will become a place of beauty for me again. Sometimes the irony is too much for me to think about.

I think today is the last day here. There is another completion starting in St Andre in the French Alps on Sunday. Relocation, Relocation, Relocation. I tidy the Snail as I have just chucked things into cupboards so that there is not so much clutter. I find a book which I forgot I packed and wonder if there are any solutions inside them.


There is fish tonight and I order it with the campsite owner. I get on with my tidying before going down to the river. I read my book and know that our time here in Slovenia is coming to a close. The waters have comforted me in more ways than one. Did I thank them? I did. The landscape is indeed stunning. I have got used to the food and the climate and Im a bit sad to go in a way, but it's time.
I arrived back to the campsite and realise that the fish that was ordered was eaten by other people. Not happy, but they offered us those yummy lamb sausages instead. I took up the offer. The Pilot did not. Case closed. After closing and prize giving ceremony, the snail started its engine and started the long 10 hour drive to France. The Slovenian 2 week chapter had come to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment