Friday 20 August 2010

A day of backing-up

Thursday 19th August:Waking up by the river was wonderful. The spooky fog from last night laid over the river and nowhere else. The colour of the water was so intense this morning. It almost looks like emerald. An emerald river leading to the Emerald City! I went along the edge of the river collecting stones and bits of bark. I’m feeling creative today, but don't know what will come of it. I’m also contemplating making some dough figures. My brilliant friend Michele gave me a cool book on how to make clay figures, and although I didn’t bring the clay, I have a bag of flour and salt. Just add water and it will be enough to keep me busy all afternoon probably! 


After breakfast, we left to go and listen to a few meetings by the bar. The weather hasn’t been at all good, and the Pilot is starting to get ‘itchy-wings’ because of the lack of flying. They meet at 9am for a morning update on the weather and if it may change, they meet two hours later. I think they’re all hopeful, but the clouds tell a different story. They are the experts not me, as they have meteorological websites that they rely on.

After much deliberation, and many briefings, the Pilots decide to fly. The Pilot with his buddies leave on a minibus, leaving me to the solace of writing and backing up all the files on my phone.

Later on, after getting a crick neck with all the back ups, I have a backup and a backup-backup. Sorted.
We go back to the river to sleep. Week 3nearly coming to an end.

1 comment:

  1. Laura and I met up in "our" pub again tonight and spoke about the Snail travellers - you! We are eager for news and stories and photos! Can we have some more details -what's it like sleeping in a camper? How do you do the ironing? Are you living out of a suitcase? Do you miss TV? WHERE ARE YOU NOW?!!!!!!! California is less than 4 weeks away for me now. Maybe I will do a blog for you! Continue to enjoy your journey and keep us posted! Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete