Tuesday 3 August 2010

The beginning!


Well, after months of planning, packing, crying, drinking, smoking (on my part), arguing and more planning, we are here. The adventure of a lifetime! The Superb Snail Adventure!

We left London at 11pm on Sunday evening. The drive to Dover was interesting. I have a problem with trying to stay awake on any journey, so knowing we were going to drive for 24 hours was a huge problem, but I had a plan! You see, I dont have any caffeine. Not in tea, or coffee and definately no pepsi. So drinking Pepsi is like drinking Red Bull for me. And it did the job perfectly!

After drinking a 500ml bottle I was ready for the drive.

We arrived on the ferry and slept for the who-knows-how many hours it took. We arrived in France and by day break we arrived in Belgium. We decided to have a sleep and it was just like heaven. By this time I had only slept a few hours and I do love my sleep! After a few hours sleep and a lovely breakfast of toast and honey, we decided to go. Belgium first, then holland, then germany and finally poland. It would have taken 20 hours, but in the slooooow snail, it has taken 24. OMG! We played a brilliant game to pass the time called 'spot the camper van'. We took it very seriously and even had rules!!

Got to Poland last night about 11.30pm, had dinner and went to bed. Woke up this morning and after having a well deserved shower had the most amazing breakfast of sweet breads and salami and cheese...blisss.

We sorted out the service and alarm today and we have a list to sort out, but all will be well.

Day 1 and 2 went well!

1 comment: